DTG Digital Printing
Clothing marking techniques vary, so before you decide on a specific one, study the secrets of each of them. Get to know digital printing, find out how we do it, what its advantages and disadvantages are, to know in which situations it will work best. If you are going to place an order for textiles and you do not yet know what factors to take into account, read what DTG printing is. If you are searching for dtg printing near me then opt Dallas Shirt Printing for the best service.
DTG (Direct To Garment printing ) digital printing is a modern technology that allows you to reflect almost the entire color palette on the material, perfectly reproducing the depth of colors while maintaining an extremely high resolution and print quality. How is this achieved?
This method is characterized by the lack of plates, matrices or screens, thanks to which the order is processed faster and there is no need to worry about the costs of preparing the printing form. During the process, a bale of material or a selected piece of clothing is placed on a special pad which, passing through the printer, allows the image to be directly applied to the selected item. Printing is possible on many types of textiles of various sizes. The resulting image is then heated into fabric or knitted fabric in a special press. The resulting, extremely impressive print is intense and durable.
Our studio is the first in Dallas TX to use the most modern and best DTG KORNIT AVALANCHE HD6 machines on the market, equipped with the innovative NeoPigment Rapid ink.
The modern and popular DTG printing technology has many advantages – check it out! This includes: speed of order fulfillment, precise design execution in any number of extremely intense colors, direct printing on both clothes made of light and dark materials and – what is especially important today – an environmentally friendly production process!
- Quality and precision – digital printing allows you to perfectly reflect the small elements of the design you have decided to place on your textiles. DTG printing is said to be able to reproduce the desired graphics with photographic accuracy. The print resolution is up to 1200 DPI!
- Full color and depth – thanks to this precision and the intensity and quality of the printed colors, DTG printing is perfect for, among others, for vivid reproduction of multi-color photos. This method turns out to be irreplaceable when reproducing tonal transitions. It is also important that the number of colors used in the design does not affect the price of the print.
- Digital processing – enables easy management of project colors, but also determines the possibility of trouble-free scaling of prints.
- Availability – printing can also be done on seams, material joints or cuffs. The print can be placed on any piece of clothing and in a place of your choosing (on the front, side, back or e.g. on the sleeves of textiles). The print area is really large, 2 x 60 x 90 cm (standard frames are: 2 x 40 x 50 cm). All these factors mean that you can let your imagination run wild in your project. DTG printing is dedicated primarily to natural materials and is made mainly on cotton, but it can also be applied to textiles with a slight admixture of polyester and marking materials of any composition. DTG printing can also be performed regardless of the material weight.
- Durability – quality and accuracy go hand in hand with the durability of the print, T-shirts with digital printing can easily survive over 100 washes if properly cared for. The print does not crack, streak, deform or wrinkle!
- Eco – for printing fabrics using digital technology, inks considered non-invasive to the natural environment are used. Not only the direct method of printing on textiles is ecological, but also the clothes created in this way (if made of ecological fabric), due to the possibility of recycling such clothes after many years. Our DTG printing guarantees the absence of harmful substances in the ink and during production in concentrations that would have a negative impact on human health or the environment. The waterless printing system, biodegradable inks and an economical process mean that when you decide to print DTG in the HFT71 sewing room using Kornit machines, you choose environmentally friendly solutions.
- Comfort of wearing – it is worth emphasizing that the advantage of application made using DTG printing is its permeability – the clothes breathe. The print does not create a glued layer on the material, but it is extremely light. In the case of white and light textiles, it is imperceptible to the touch, but on darker clothes its structure is slightly recognizable.
- Speed of execution – DTG printing will work perfectly, even if you produce single or short series of unique designs. The quick printing turnaround time is also due to the fact that in this marking method there is no need to prepare special matrices before the production process. Graphics are applied directly to the material, thanks to which digitally printed textiles can be produced quickly and cost-effectively.
- Personalization – the specificity of the technology consisting in the lack of the need to prepare print matrices shortens the production process and makes it possible to diversify designs printed on clothing even in the same order!
When to choose DTG digital printing and when to choose screen printing?
Having become acquainted with the digital printing technique, you probably already guess that the factors worth taking into account when choosing a marking method are primarily the number of colors you want to reproduce and the size of the order.
The only limitations are high costs in the case of a large scale order. DTG printing is irreplaceable in the case of small orders (several pieces) and medium quantities (100-200 pieces). If you are interested in single, occasional, personalized pieces of clothing, choose DTG digital printing. If you intend to make many identically marked pieces of clothing, it is worth choosing a different printing technique – for example, screen printing.
Similarly, it is worth considering a different printing method if you want each piece of clothing to be the same. In the case of DTG printing each time on individual textiles, there is a possibility of slight color differences between items – even in the same short series. Differences may appear when we want to make the same pattern on different types of fabrics (different in terms of absorbency and composition). To dispel any doubts about the differences, read the article below.